This is the newest blog council report for The World is Flat? In this report, we’ll be discussing some of the most interesting blogs of this week, as well as some tips for our future blogs moving forward.
- We looked at the quality and types of sources first off as well as the company itself that was selected. When looking for sources, consider who is writing, and what their stake in the actual is. The right type of source can fuel your argument each week.
- Don’t be afraid to end your blog posts with questions or your own opinions, to help continue to conversation either in the comments section or in class.
- The biggest piece of advice we had moving forward was to be impactful with our writing – this could include bringing in your own personal ideas or experience to a conversation, as well as how your topic is making an impact in the real world.
- Titles looked great this week. Titles can certainly lead into a certain focus that you can use throughout your article. Keep up the creativity!
- Lastly, make sure to read and rate. Rate as many articles that you can, but make sure at the very least to rate the articles that you commented on.
We also have some awards for a few different categories this week.
Best Article – Peter Krebs
Deepest Sources – Ben Schumacher
Most Unique Company Choice – Jacob Hannah
Best Conversationalist – Margaret Ekblom
Best Use of Media – Will Owens
Keep a look out for the next blog prompt, we’re very excited about this one… great job this week!
-Doug and Ian